Invite spring into your kitchen!
1 bunch (500 g) green asparagus
5 leaves of ‘brick’ or choux pastry
10 slices cured meat e.g. Grisons
3 tablespoons fresh cream
Juice of half a lemon
Five ground peppercorns
Small amount of melted butter
- Boil a pan of salted water. Wash the asparagus and remove the tips form the stems.
- Boil the asparagus tips for 8 to ten minutes. Drain and place in cool water to stop the cooking and preserve the bright green colour.
- Mix the cream with the lemon juice and ground peppercorns.
- Take half a leaf of ‘brick’ or choux pastry, place a slice of cured meat on it, then spread with a tablespoon of lemon cream. Put two asparagus tips on and roll carefully to resemble a spring-roll.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Place the pastries on a lined baking tray and brush each one with melted butter. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes. They’re ready!
Enjoy your meal!